Saturday, March 10, 2012

Florida Keys (Part 5)

On day five of the trip I was going fishing! Our chartered trip was set to leave just after dawn. I would have been up anyway... the Little Olive wakes up pretty darn early!



Here's the boat! It's Cousin Joe's boat. I don't know a darn thing about it, though. I think it's a fishing boat. It's nice. I do know that!



The skies were threatening early. We had a small amount of rain, but it quickly cleared up and we kinda went around it.



Here's Joe checking out the scene. We went a few miles into the Gulf and threw out an anchor.

Bob is closest to the camera. We just watched Joe work his magic and tried to stay out of the way.



Joe's wife Jen threw in a few lines, too!



Here's Bob cutting up some squid that we used for bait. We also used shrimp. I felt bad using the shrimp, though. They were still alive when we hooked them up. They really didn't seem to care, though.

I'm sure they cared a little more when a fish bit their head off in the water. We got lots of nibbles, but very few catches.



Bob got his line in the water and he was happy. He wasn't all that excited when he was reeling his empty line in, though. I'm pretty sure he caught a small snapper at some point.



We fished all over the place. I'd say we fished in 5 or so different areas. This was next to the Seven Mile Bridge. That's where I caught a couple of average sized bottom feeders.

I have no idea what they were. I do know they were ugly, though. Don't tell anybody, but I may have caught the same fish twice.

The bites were few and far between so we decided to head back to the condo.



It's a good thing, too. Things were getting crazy there without me. Yes. That's a diaper on her head.

Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment