Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Burgers are Cruisin', Day Seven

On our final day of the cruise we ported in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. Wow. We had an absolute blast. This was, by far, my favorite part of the entire cruise. Take a look at what we did...



We were provided with a quick lesson that consisted of a couple of spins around the parking lot. After my wife watched me give it a try she said, "I think I'll ride with my cousin." What can I say, I've never driven a scooter or motorcycle. She ended up riding with me anyway. :)



Lookin' like a natural.



Those helmets cracked me up.



Great picture taken by my wife.



The traffic didn't bother me as much as the cars parked along side the road. You never knew when someone would throw open a door or dart into traffic. I guess that's part of it, though.



We rode through neighborhoods, parks and along the shore. The temperature difference was crazy between the shore and downtown. At times you'd go through a pocket of air that was 20 degrees cooler than the rest of the town. Refreshing!



Scooter riding cousins.



Speedy Purpand.



Check out the double-decker bus. From what I've been told, Victoria is very British and very much like London.



Victoria is the capitol of British Columbia. Here is their capitol building.



Here's the Fairmont Empress located in downtown Victoria. I hear it's famous.



We worked up an appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment