1. Crab Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 1 can (7 1/2 oz) crabmeat, drained, cartilage removed, finely chopped
Preparation:In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, milk, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper or Tabasco sauce to taste. Gently stir in chopped crab. Chill and serve crab dip with chips, crackers, or raw vegetable dippers.
Makes 2 cups of crab dip.
2. Pizza Dip
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (8oz)
- 1 jar (14oz) pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 can (6oz) sliced black olives
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- corn chips
Preparation:Press cream cheese in bottom of 9-inch glass pie plate. Spread pizza sauce over cream cheese and layer remaining ingredients in the order listed. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Serve with corn chips or your favorite crackers.
Serves 8 to 10.
You're probably thinking, "What about your Nutrisystem, Mr. Little Cat?" Well, that's been slightly sidetracked. It will restart on Monday with a vengeance. I managed to lose a total of 26 pounds on Nutrisystem and I'm very grateful for what it taught me. Last week's vacation was difficult on my weight loss, but I'm rededicating myself starting Monday. 200 pounds, here I come.
By the way, cream cheese may be the greatest invention in the history of the world.