Monday, March 8, 2010

Laury's

It's taken a year and a half, but I've finally found my favorite restaurant in Charleston. Laury's, located just across the Kanawha River from downtown, is a fine dining establishment with reasonable prices and a menu made for a meat and potatoes kinda dude.

Two weekends ago I had the honor of accompanying my wife to an event that included a free meal at Laury's. You guessed it. I ate like a champion.

First I had an appetizer of scallops and dumplings coated with some kinda white sauce. They put some green stuff on the plate as well (fillers).

After the scallops came a caesar salad prepared table-side. I was too eager to eat it and forgot to take a picture. My belly overtook my brain, which seems to happen a lot. :)

My entree was a filet prepared medium and topped with a shrimp cake. It came with a twice baked potato covered in melted cheese and sour cream. It was a heart attack on a plate.

Last but not least was a piece of caramel cheesecake washed down with a Great Lake's Burning River.

So, yeah. I pigged out and I'm bragging about it. Can you blame a brother? It was free!

No comments:

Post a Comment