Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy 40th Birthday, "Country Roads!"



It's hard to tell exactly how much this song means to me and the rest of West Virginia, but I do know this... it's as familiar to me as the back of my hand. I'm about 99% certain that I've listened to "Country Roads" more than any other in my lifetime. It may not have been by choice, but I've appreciated it every single time.

Thanks for the memories, Johnny Denver. You made a special one 40 years ago.

EDIT: Just as I say this song is as "familiar to me as the back of my hand," I realize I've been singing it wrong my entire life! It's not "blowing like a breeze" as I thought. It's "growing like a breeze." I'm seriously flabbergasted by this. Next thing I know someone's going to tell me I'm supposed to have six fingers on my oh so familiar hand. Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment