Friday, May 21, 2010

Lake Norman, NC

Last weekend my wife and I headed south to Lake Norman, North Carolina. The in-laws rented a small cabin on the lake for the week and we figured we visit for a couple days. Here are a few snapshots of the trip!




This is one of my wife's bridesmaids and her new son Quinn. Isn't he cute? We stopped to have lunch with them before we rolled into town. They live only a few minutes away.



Here's the view from the back porch of the cabin. It was located 50 yards or so away from the lake.


This is my father-in-law rowing in his shell just off of our dock. This was just after sunrise.


I'm preppin' to do some fishing.


Here's one of the channel cats I caught. It was a decent size. The next one I caught actually stabbed with one of his stingers and caused me to bleed all over the dock. Nice, right? lol


We rented a boat for an afternoon and drove around Lake Norman. It really is a very pretty place and I highly recommend it if you're looking for a relaxing vacation. The prices are outstanding in the off-season.


Here's my father-in-law throwing in a line from the boat. He's got his rally cap on.


Perhaps my wife's favorite part of the trip... our friend the turtle. She fed him bread.


Here's my father-in-law and I preparing some turtle soup. Just kidding! We were peeling shrimp for dinner. Such a messy job!

So, yeah... Lake Norman comes highly recommended!

2 comments:

  1. Welp L.C. I gotta comment on that catfish. If you wanna see some weird cats just throw that fish carcass in front of 'em. Raises the question: which evolved first, the fish or the cats. Our cats may great decendents of the fish. Too bad fresh water fish aint as good to eat as what we used to know as saltwater fish (soon to be totally unavailable!). One further comment is that ordinary shrimp for dinner may soon go by the way, or, at least become an expensive delicacy. You'll have to decide whether you want 30 weight or 40 weight contaminated shrimp. Enjoy the "clean" one's while they still exist. SAD MAN!!!!! PS And if you've never had LA Bayou crawfish....It's too late man, theyre already extinct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a ridiculous shame that BP and the government didn't have enough foresight to have a reasonable way to cap a broken oil well under that much water. I just don't understand how anyone can be that unprepared. It's been a month and it's flowing at a higher rate every day!

    It makes me ill to think about.

    ReplyDelete